Effective Date: February 10, 2021
CATEGORIES AND COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect certain information from you when you visit the Site, including personal information and non-personal information. “Personal Information” is defined as information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household. “Non-Personal Information” is defined as information that does not identify a particular individual and is not reasonably capable of being associated with an individual or household.
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information and Non-Personal Information about you:
- Identification Information – information that you provide to us, such as your name and/or email address when you sign up for our newsletter;
- User-Provided Information – information that you provide to us when you contact us, such as feedback, questions, or comments;
- Internet Activity Information – this includes:
- Information about how you use and interact with the Site, an advertisement, an offer, or coupon;
- Information about your browsing and shopping tendencies, along with inferences drawn from any of the information collected;
- Information about how you arrived at our Site, including referring and exit pages, access dates and times, and engagement data;
- Geolocation Information – information regarding your location
- Browser Information – information about your browser, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), unique device identifiers, connection type, geo-IP data, operating system, clickstream data, and the type of mobile device you use
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
We may also collect and process information from you by utilizing Cookies or similar technologies via the Site. Cookies are small, often encrypted, data files that are placed in your browser to help websites perform certain functions such as to recognize you, gather information, and to serve you with offers that are more related to your interests. Along with similar technologies, cookies store information about your browsing, use, and download activity. We may set cookies on your web browser (or use other technologies like clear gifs, web beacons, or similar devices, including devices that function in the mobile environment) when you interact with the Site, coupons, or advertisements on our Site.
We use different types of cookies and some cookies are put into the following categories:
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize a return visitor to the Site.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalize advertising content for you, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Site, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We use this information to make the advertising displayed to you more relevant to your interests.
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING INFORMATION
Verified Coupons hopes to create an enjoyable experience for visitors. In order to create an efficient Site, we may process your Personal and Non-Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing the Services – in order to provide the Services to you, Verified Coupons may need to process your information to serve you with offers or coupons that may be the best suited for your interests;
- Operating and Improving the Site – we may process some information to improve the Site and to ensure that it is operating as it should be. This could include conducting internal analysis to perform and to improve the effectiveness of the Services and associated technologies, improving site user interface, performing A/B testing, and optimizing content;
- Communicating and contacting you – if you sign up to receive emails or if you contact us with questions or concerns, we may use your information to respond or to send you emails;
- Resolving disputes and/or troubleshooting problems – if there are any issues with the Site or your experience with the Site, we may use your information to resolve such issues;
- Marketing and Advertising – as a coupon site, we provide the coupons of third parties to you so that you can receive discounts on items. To do so, we may process some of your information and data to serve you advertisements;
- Analyzing our engagement with visitors – to determine how well certain parts of the Site perform, we will need to process your information to determine engagement with visitors and to improve the Site;
- Security – we may process your personal information to create security measures for the Site; and
- Complying with applicable law – we may process your information in response to legal proceedings, investigations, or as required by applicable law.
The legal basis for this processing is based on your consent (if you provide us with your information so that we can contact you) and legitimate interests of providing you with the Services and to better understand how visitors interact with the Site.
USE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
We use information, which may include personal information, held about you to perform the Services and for the purposes outlined above. The Site’s main purpose is to provide you with coupons and offers. We do not generally receive Personal Information from you unless you sign up to receive emails from us. However, there are some types of Personal and Non-Personal Information that may be shared with third parties when you click on the coupons for such third parties. The categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose are Internet activity information, identification information, and browser information.
When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter into agreements with the recipients that requires the recipient to keep the information confidential. We may share your information with:
- Third-Party Advertisers – you may see advertisements or offers on our site in addition to the coupons for affiliates. We may share some of your information with third-party advertisers so that you will be provided with the best deals and offers of interest to you. For example, if you are searching for information on a particular product, we may cause an advertisement to appear on other websites or applications you view with information on that product. We believe that such advertising is helpful because you will see advertisements that are relevant to your interests. We may use Ad Networks to deliver advertisements and related services to you on behalf of our advertisers.
- Service Providers – we may use various service providers to respond to customer inquiries, send emails, track engagement, or to otherwise provide you the Services. We may share your information with service providers to provide the Services to you.
- Governmental Agencies – we may share information in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, court order, or other similar request for cooperation from a law enforcement or governmental agency.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Verified Coupons has not sold any personal information and will not sell your personal information.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES (OPT-OUTS AND WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT)
If you are located in the EU and we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To withdraw your consent, or to learn more about your rights as a data subject, please see send an email to email@example.com with your request. Regardless of whether you are located in the EU or elsewhere, you may exercise the applicable opt-out options below.
Web Browser/Cookie-Based Opt-Out
You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. There are also many programs that allow you to manually delete your cookies.
To be clear, the opt-out from targeted ads must be performed on each device and browser that you wish to have opted out. For example, if you have opted out on your computer browser, that opt-out will not be effective on your mobile device. You must separately opt-out on each device. However, once you have opted out on one device (“Opted-Out Device”), we will not use any new data from the Opted-Out Device to identify you on another device for interest-based advertising purposes, and will not use data from another device for interest-based advertising purposes on the Opted-Out Device.
If you erase or otherwise alter your cookie/device settings (including upgrading certain browsers or devices) you may need to perform each opt-out process again, unless we can match the device as outlined above.
Even if you opt-out of targeted ads based on cookies, you may still see ads based on other general factors such as webpage context or browser type.
Do Not Track
There is currently no universally recognized standard for Do Not Track signals. Accordingly, at this time, cookies used on our website and used in providing our services do not respond to any Do Not Track signals or browser settings.
Mobile Application-Based Opt-Outs
Cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. Users may opt-out of certain advertisements on mobile applications or reset advertising identifiers via their device settings. To learn how to limit ad tracking or to reset the advertising identifier on your iOS and Android device, click on the following links:
iOS – https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074
Android – https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en
You may also download and set your preferences on the App Choices mobile application(s) available in Google Play or the Apple App stores.
Email Marketing Opt-Out
If you sign up for our newsletter and decide that you no longer wish to receive emails from us, you can opt-out or unsubscribe by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the email you receive. Please allow up to ten (10) business days for us to process your unsubscribe request.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information – The CCPA gives California consumers the right to request the deletion of any personal information collected and retained by Verified Coupons, subject to certain exceptions. Upon receiving your request, Verified Coupons will verify that such request is accurate and complete. Upon verifying your identity, Verified Coupons will delete your personal information from its records, unless an exception applies.
Exercising Rights – In order to exercise your rights listed above, you must make a verifiable consumer request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please include “CCPA Request” or similar language in the subject line so that Verified Coupons can better and more efferently aid you in your request. In order for your request to be a verifiable request, you must provide: (a) sufficient information, including your first and last name and email address, in order to identify you are the person or an authorized representative of the person in the deletion request; and (b) a description of your request in sufficient detail for us to understand and respond to your request. Verified Coupons cannot respond to incomplete or unverifiable requests.
Verified Coupons will make its best efforts to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of receiving the request. If Verified Coupons needs more time to complete the request, it will confirm with you in writing. Disclosures will only cover the twelve (12) month period preceding your request.
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to participate in and monitor their online activity. Verified Coupons does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 (or such other age as may be restricted under local law). If a parent or guardian believes that Verified Coupons has in its database the personal information of a child under the age of 13 (or such other age as may be restricted under local law), please contact support@VerifiedCoupons.com and we will use our best efforts to remove the information from our records.
We take appropriate reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of personal information. This includes the necessary physical, electronic and managerial procedures designed to protect data integrity, access, and use. Please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. As a result, we strive to protect your personal information but cannot ensure or warrant the security of your information against any possible loss or unauthorized access.
CHANGE IN CONTROL
COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
For any questions about our privacy practices, you may contact us by email at support@VerifiedCoupons.com.